Tuesday 1 February 2011

Evaluation.Question 2

2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
When I was informed I had to make a Digi-Pack and poster I wanted to emphasise the same amount of fun that I had in the video. Although we abandoned the shots in the pub we still took some lovely still photographs which I think work very well in creating a sense of fun within the CD cover and poster. I decided to use the same font on the Digi Pack as I used on my Poster in order to make them relate. In terms of the font I decided to make the font look somewhat like the Magners cider font this was relating back to the brief and I felt this worked well with the band themselves. The colour scheme I used for the Digi-Pack and poster was red and white, the reason for using these colours is because they are the main colours used in advertising and I feel this would make my CD cover and Poster stand out in any music store and billboard.  For the poster I decided to make the central image of the band the only thing in colour and everything else in black and white, to make the band stick out, I upped the contrast again to make them stand out, something I feel is important in the world of advertising. On the back of the CD cover I decided to display the Twitter and Facebook logos as well as the Blackberry Pin bar code, so the fans of our band to keep in contact with the band (it also makes the band seem more real). I also displayed our record label and the bar code again because this is what real CD covers include.

I felt it important to create some consistency between the ancillary product and the video. I went right back to the first planning stages of the product, the first thing that I noticed was we wanted to incorporate fun into the video, so that was my starting point. I also wanted to the audience to know that these boys have been friends for a while so I felt the image for the poster should tell this.

1 comment:

  1. Some good analysis of your ancillary texts but sometimes this is a bit off the point - the question is asking about how you have made three products (vid, digi, advert) which work together to form a cohesive promotional package. Go over this and try to make it more focused.

    ReplyDelete