Monday 22 November 2010

22/11/2011- Journal

In todays lesson we planned our promotional posters for our bands single and or album, this much like the CD covers it gave us an incite into how we want our posters to look. The things we have to consider with our posters is making them work in conext with the CD covers.

In terms of my own CD  cover and Promotional poster i've decided I want the whole poster in black and white apart from the band themselves and the band name and the album and single name (these two will be under the same name: Alright.) The reason I have decided upon this is because I want the band and the band name and album title to stand out; and I think by making the individual componants stand out we are more likely to get more people buying into our bands music.

 I've decided to use the two locations for the two promotional aspects of the project.
- The Cafe (for the CD Cover)
- The Pub  ( for the Poster)
The reason I would like to use these locations is because I want to document the band having fun in the most convincing way I can and I believe by using the two main locations for the video within the promotional aspects will work really well together and not confuse too many people.

The font I would like to use for the whole promotional stuff is the Magners cider font, the reason for this is because on our brief it says the band likes drinking cider and I think this would work in conext with the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment