Friday 19 November 2010

Journal-19/11/2010




In todays lesson we began planning our Digi Packs. At first I was a bit confused about what I want my Digi Pack to look, because we changed the perfomance shots to a pub I thought it would make sense to have the photos from the perfomance shots onto the poster.In todays lesson we began planning our Digi Packs. At first I was a bit confused about what I want my Digi Pack to look, because we changed the perfomance shots to a pub I thought it would make sense to have the photos from the perfomance shots onto the poster.



The colour scheme I have chosen for my poster  is red and black mainly because I feel they stand out and wouldn't look out of place next to a real bands cover. I feel that the image should almost look like a fly on the wall photo because of the setting the photos are going to be taken in. In regards to the font for the I feel it should have some relevance to the band, I feel it appropriate to have the font from Magners Cider I feel this will work well in context with our brief, and it will appeal to our target audience, which is 18-25 year olds, cider also has connotations of youth and party's, which is the main theme of our video. The main image on the poster I feel should document fun and when you look at it I want you to be intruged and to go out and buy this bands album.


In terms of the CD cover I feel it should work in conjunction with the promotional poster so I feel the font on the cover should be the same as that with the poster, so again the font from Magners Cider will be used. I will also use the same colour scheme as the poster for my CD cover and seeing as red,black and white are the main colours in advertising it will really help the poster stick out.
Another way I feel I can make the poster stick out is the use of keeping a few things in colour and the rest in black and white, so I plan on keeping just the band memebers in colour and the rest of the images in black and white, in order to make the band the main focus of the image. The track names will also be in red again so they stand out.


The images for the CD cover will be taken during the cafe shots again like a fly on the wall type photos again to document the band just being teenage boys having a goodtime after a party. On the back cover the bands record lable will be displayed and hopefully any other ways to get in touch with the band. I feel the CD cover should document as much fun as the video does and I feel if we capture the right images we will be able to pull off this affect.

Another element I want to include on my CD cover is having any extra people made out of focus again making the band stand out and intruiging people to buy the album and to discover what the band is about. I feel with the CD cover we have a right to display the band for what they are fun loving teenage boys who enjoy making music, which is something I feel I will be able to convay with these posters and CD covers.







No comments:

Post a Comment