Wednesday 12 January 2011

CD Cover

This is my CD cover for our band Two Mile Radius,the photos  on the cover were taken in a pub, the reason for this being that we wanted to show them in a place they would be fimilar with. When it came to the font of the album cover I wanted something very similar to that of the Magners Cider font, the reason for this being that on our brief it was specified the band like drinking cider, so I felt this worked will in working with the brief. The colour scheme I have chosen for the CD cover is red and white mainly to work with the colours of the red cups in the front center of the title image and the fact that these are the two main colours used in advertising.The bands name dominates the top of the CD cover, their name is in bold red lettering so it would be easy to spot if it was on a CD shelf, the title of the image has been placed in the bottom center of the image, it has also been written in white bold lettering again so it would stand out on a CD shelf. On the back image I decided to write the track names again in bold red lettering so it would be clear to read. On the lower third of the back cover I put the twitter logo and a logo that said "find us on facebook, the reason for this being I want the band to seem as real as possible and I feel social networking is the best way to do it. In the bottom right hand corner the Rough Trade logo is placed just above the barcode, again to give the cover a more realistic look.

On all of the images I decided to up the contrast, I decided to do this because I wanted 1: The band members to stick out and 2: I wanted the CD cover to stand out and the band memebers to be vivid and clear on the front. All in all I feel this CD cover gives off a very positive message about the band and it shows what type of songs you would expect to hear if you brought this album. Much like our music video this CD looks nothing like I originally planned mainly because of all the changes we encounterd throughout the process, however this hasn't dishartend me because I am very happy with how the CD cover has turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment